Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY
The Summit Physical Therapy “family” in Merrick, NY, is known for developing lasting relationships with clinic patients. Our clinic is owned and operated by Physical Therapists, offering you unparalleled results in a welcoming atmosphere.
Many of our patients are recovering from surgery or injuries sustained during sports, work, auto accidents, or daily life. Our physical therapists have the experience to help you get your life back without the risks of medication, injections, or surgery.
Address: 209 Merrick Ave Merrick, NY, 11566
Phone: (516) 867- 0500
Fax: (516) 623-1296
Hours of Operation:
Common Conditions Treated at Our Physical Therapy Clinic in Merrick, NY
Physical Therapy offers pain relief and increased function for a wide range of conditions. We commonly see these in our physical therapy clinic in Merrick, NY.
- Surgical Post-Operative Care: Total Joint Replacement (hip, knee, or shoulder), rotator cuff repairs, meniscus and ACL repair, tendon repairs of the foot/ankle and hand, cervical and lumbar fusion/microdiscectomy.
- Neck/Back Pathologies: Sciatica, disc herniations, whiplash injuries, post-surgical care, arthritis, osteoporosis, back and neck injury prevention school.
- Tendonitis / Bursitis: Rotator cuff Impingement, patellar, Achilles, tibialis, hamstring, tennis/golf elbow, DeQuervain’s, Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Poor Balance: Conditions that cause difficulty walking due to unsteadiness. We do not treat vestibular disorders.
- Sprains and Strains: Neck, back, shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle.
- Sports Motion Analysis: Viewing athletic form allows us to pinpoint causal factors for future physical injury. Prevention often begins with preparation.
Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY, accepts and participates in most major medical insurance plans, Medicare, workman’s compensation, and no fault. If you do not have insurance or have limited coverage, please ask about our affordable cash payment plans.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield / BCBS
- No-Fault Insurance Plans
- NYSHIP / MPN
- Private Pay
- United Healthcare
- Workers Compensation Insurance Plans
If your insurance plan is not listed, call us before your first appointment and talk to our friendly staff. We’ll help you make the most affordable arrangements possible to help you get back to your active life.
How Physical Therapy Can Change Your Life
At Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY, our physical therapists start with a thorough exam and assessment. Based on your assessment results, the physical therapist works with you to create a personalized treatment plan. They get to the root cause of your pain, weakness, or injury. We work with you to get your active life back without the risks of medication, injections, or surgery,
Whether your injury is recent or you have suffered from pain for months or years, Physical Therapy will make a difference. Your Summit Physical Therapy physical therapist will realign your body, release tight tissues, and untie those painful knots. Physical Therapy is the road to getting back to your active life.
What Makes Physical Therapy at Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY Different
Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY, is a trusted, locally-owned office, not a corporate machine. You always receive one-on-one treatment time directly with your Physical Therapist.
Over the past 14 years, Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY, has served patients with dedication using these four foundational principles.
- We provide you with education so you understand your diagnosis.
- We conduct appropriate diagnostic testing to confirm your diagnosis.
- Your physical therapist makes sure you understand your treatment options.
- You receive treatment using evidence-based, research-tested methods.
The Physical Therapists at Summit Physical Therapy are highly educated professionals in the “Science of Movement,” which corrects imbalances in the musculoskeletal and neurologic systems. Each physical therapist is trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting your daily function.
At Summit Physical Therapy, we focus on the underlying CAUSES. Pain, weakness, and loss of function are often SYMPTOMS of an underlying problem. Although the pain may diminish, the issues will continue unless you treat the CAUSE.
Many patients initially refer to their “bad leg” or “weak ankle” that suffers recurring injuries. By treating underlying imbalances, your physical therapist at Summit Physical Therapy in Merrick, NY, can reset your body and help you get back to your active life again.
Take Back Your Life
If you are recovering from surgery or sustained an injury playing sports, while at work, in an auto accident, or in daily life, Physical Therapy can help. At Summit Physical Therapy, our experienced physical therapists help you to get your life back without the risks of medication, injections, or surgery.
Don’t let pain or immobility keep you from doing what you love most. Let our Summit Physical Therapy team in Merrick, NY, help you today.